First up, I have to brag about the little Bean. She’s been in Kindergarten for just over a month, and has made it in the ELITE M&Ms club! She’s pretty excited!
The M&Ms club is for anyone who can recognize all their letters, upper and lower case. She’s pretty spectacular. First person in Kindergarten this year in the M&Ms club…that’s right!
Moving on! I found this amazing recipe on Tina’s blog, Carrots ‘n’ Cake and knew I had make it for Breakfast Feast Friday this week, with a few adaptations! Yummy!
Sunflower Butter Banana French Toast
makes 2 servings
4 Slices of Bread
2 Tbsp Milk (not pictured)
1/4 tsp real vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 Tbsp Sunflower Butter (any nut butter will work)
1 Banana (not pictured)
Maple Syrup (not pictured)
Pre-heat a non-stick skillet to med/high.
- Mix together eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl. (large enough to fit the bread in later)
- Slice the banana into thin rounds.
- Spread half the sunflower butter on one slice of bread and the other half on another slice.
- Place banana rounds evenly on top of sunflower butter.
- Make two sandwiches and dunk top and bottom of each sandwich in the egg/milk mixture.
6. Grill on med/high, until golden brown, flip and repeat on the other side.
7. Cut in half, drizzle with maple syrup, and enjoy!
This turned out so well! It would be delicious with a side of grapefruit, raspberries, eggs or bacon too!
Happy Friday everyone! We’re headed to a wood-fired pizza party this evening…very exciting!
What are your weekend plans?