Today is the blog’s 100th post! Yay! A lot has happened since that first post back in August!
Thanks for sticking with me! It’s been amazing!
I could look back all day long at the ride the last 4 months has taken us all on…but that’s a different post! Today, I want to share with you my goals for 2012!
I’ve been thinking a lot about this next year’s goals. I have to keep in mind my Age Bracket List when thinking about this next year, because it is still all very real in my mind and they are goals I can’t wait to achieve, but I’ve got some 2012 goals in mind as well.
Specifically for 2012
- Eat. A more whole-foods based diet. If it hasn’t grown out of the ground, hasn’t been killed by someone I know, or if it contains more than 5 ingredients on its label…I’d like to generally stay away from it.
- Read. At least two books per month for myself, and at least one book per evening with the Bean.
- Race. Myself that is. I’d like to break my 5K PR (no date set yet), 10K PR (May2012), and 1/2 marathon PR (June 2012).
- Strengthen. Through yoga and resistance training. “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for one to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which their body is capable.” – Socrates
- Express. There was an amazing moment in my life earlier this year, a moment of, “Oh, so that’s what it feels like!” I would like to figure out how to process that moment for what is signified to me, and express it both verbally and in writing.
- Plant. A fenced-in vegetable garden. Yum!
- Edit. My Adoption Stories into a single article for a magazine, or for a speaking engagement, or…just so I have it.
- Plan. A get-together each month of the year. This is a sure-fire way to get to see a handful of our friends on a monthly basis! We’ve got February and March planned already…looking for a January theme!
Add these to my Bucket List goals, and 2012 is going to be fun-packed from the start!
What are your goals for 2012?
Find your joy. Enjoy the journey.
Happy Friday Eve!