Hi, I’m Jamie…remember me? Well…I remember you, and I’ve missed ya! I left you last with a photo of my office treasures…all packed up and ready to find a new home…and that’s exactly what they did. And…I went with them!
I keep thinking, “it’s been so long…how do I write this post?” and then instead of just writing it…I don’t. Now…I’ve got a ton of photos, a hundred stories, and frustration on how to begin…so tonight I’ve decided, I just have to begin! I can’t do it all…but it’ll be a start!
This…is my new office. It is beautiful. That’s not the best part though…it’s what I get to do IN my new office. I finally moved into a position where my Human Resource background and education can be used on a daily basis…and not only my HR background…but the very best part of HR. My job…full time…every single day…is to match talented, amazing people searching for work, with professional, exceptional businesses looking for employees. It has been a crazy adventure…I am re-training my brain on a moment-to-moment basis how to multi-task, change direction, and move forward in a hundred different directions.
It. Is. Perfection.
It also leaves me with very little time for writing…but I’ve decided with a change as big as this, it’s ok if it takes a bit of time to get back into the swing of things right?
I can’t catch you up all in one day…but I’ll do my best over the next few weeks!
For now, some tid-bits I’ve learned over the last month or so.
- Time is limited. It turns out…finding your dream job comes with a little schedule restructuring.
- Schedule restructuring is ok. If a month or so of losing my direction with writing, food and fitness is the price to pay for finally stepping into my career…I’ll take it!
- Coffee alone is not breakfast…no matter how busy you are.
- Asking for help from the people you love, and then accepting that help with an open heart, is the fastest way to truly know you are loved, supported and honored. Thank you to the Sweetheart, the Bean and the Pumpkin, Dixie, Felony, Alexa, and my newest friend, Lemon. You have made this transition possible…and beautiful! I only hope that I can be that person to all of you as well!
- When you stop working out…and then go back to it. It hurts. A. Lot. No…really.
- Sometimes, a break from the norm allows you to do instead of hoping to do. For example…I’ve crossed two things of my 20s bucket list in the last month! I’ve made homemade sushi with some of my best girlfriends, and I’ve joined the runners club that I’ve been dreaming about for over a year!
- It’s worth it. What is that? Hard work, pressure, deadlines, perseverance, late nights, early mornings, the ugly cry when it all gets to be too much…finding the point when it all comes together…or at least begins to..is worth it.
- There are few days that cannot end well when the evening is spent with your family, a glass of wine, and Liz Lemon.
I’ve missed you guys. Faithful, thanks for that last comment….this one’s for you!